A few things to note about these pancakes before we go any further.
- If you’re looking for fluffy, traditional pancakes, these are not them.
- There is no protein powder in these pancakes. They’re high in protein thanks to the other ingredients.
- Not everyone will like these. Since they’re not made with flour, they are a little “wet” in the middle…but if you’re patient while cooking them, they will set up and you can easily flip them like regular pancakes.
- These do not taste like cottage cheese.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar or other sweetener (optional)
- cinnamon, to taste
- peanut butter, for drizzling (optional)
- In a high-powered blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a greased pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Let sit for 3-4 minutes before flipping.
- Flip carefully and let cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Flip again and let cook for 2 more minutes.
Patience is the key when cooking these. Pour in the batter, let them sit for 4-5 minutes, flip them and let them sit for a few minutes and then flip them again and let them cook a little more. You can’t have your heat too high otherwise they will burn…but the longer cooking time helps them solidify a bit more in the middle.
You could also try using 1/2 cup oats instead of only 1/4 cup.