Made with simple ingredients, this Potato Soup is nutritious, flavorful and perfect for busy weeks!
Here’s how you make it:
This potato soup is made with two kinds of potatoes and makes a great, nutritious option for lunch or dinner!
- 2 strips bacon, diced
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and chopped (I use 2 russet, 1 sweet potato)
- 1.5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups milk (I use skim)
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a large dutch oven or pot, saute bacon, peppers, onions and potatoes for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
- Add broth and milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer until potatoes are tender (15-20 minutes).
- Use an immersion blender (or regular blender) to puree. Feel free to leave some chunks if you’d like.
- Add cheese and spices and stir until melted.
You could easily make it vegetarian by omitting the bacon, but I think it adds great flavor!