Curried Sweet Potato Soup
Small ingredient list, big flavor. This Curried Sweet Potato Soup is perfect for a vegetarian dinner on a cold day. Make a double batch and freeze some for a busy week!
It’s hearty and spicy and it makes a great dinner side or appetizer.
Here’s how you make it:
Warm, hearty and full of spice this soup makes a great appetizer or meal of its own!
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter or oil
- 4 small leeks, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Plain yogurt and cilantro to garnish (optional)
- In a large pot melt butter. Add leeks and ginger and saute for 5-7 minutes over medium high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, curry, pepper and 3 cups broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender (about 15-20 min).
- Puree the soup in batches in blender or using an immersion blender.
- Add remaining cup of broth if you want a thinner soup. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.