Packed with protein, vegetables and whole grains, this Breakfast Pasta Bake is easy to make. Assemble ahead of time and bake it in the morning to feed guests or bake it on Sunday and reheat it for breakfast all week long.
Are you thinking “pasta for breakfast?!” Sounds crazy, right? I assure you it’s not. This pasta bake is packed with protein, veggies and whole grains – perfect for fueling your busy day.
With the holidays coming up, it’s also worth noting that it can be mostly assembled the night before if you want to bake it to feed your overnight guests! Or you can bake it on the weekend and simply slice and reheat throughout the week for a quick breakfast option like we’ve been doing this week.
You can easily customize this pasta bake by using your favorite pasta, your favorite veggies and whatever kind of sausage you like (or even some leftover chicken or pork). This is topped with avocado and salsa.
So here’s how you make it:
- 1.5 cups dry pasta (elbows)
- 2 – 3 cups mixed veggies (onions, bell peppers and peas)
- 3 chicken sausages, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup shredded of your favorite cheese
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, saute veggies, sausage and spices over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and cheese to veggie mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon into greased 9×13 pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Pour over pasta mixture and bake for 25 minutes.
Please be sure to read the notes in the recipe for instructions to prepare ahead of time!
– Feel free to use your favorite veggies and spices.
-Top with extra cheese before baking if desired.
– Cover with foil halfway through to keep noodles from hardening.
– There may be a little excess liquid on top when done baking. Simply blot off with a paper towel before serving.
– To prepare ahead of time, cook pasta and veggies and assemble in pan. Refrigerate overnight. In the morning, add egg mixture and bake.